How to get rid of this?.To get rid of pest problem under control, inspection is the first and foremost step.
Rats are various medium-sized, long-tailed rodents of the superfamily Muroidea. “True rats” are members of the genus Rattus, the most important of which to humans are the black rat, Rattus rattus, and the brown rat, Rattus norvegicus. Wikipedia
The common rat has been recorded in Britain since the early 18th century. The most common species of rat found in the UK is the brown rat and will live everywhere, in buildings, sewer systems and outdoors. There is also the black rat which is much less common and is usually found in very few port side areas. Rats are nocturnal animals and live for 9-18 months in the wild. The females can have over 50 offspring in a year.
House Rats are small animals with strong bodies, short limbs and long tails. House Rats are the largest group of mammals.[/fancyheading]Now a days, house rats have become most dangerous insects. House Rats population grow very quickly, so it is better to target them before the house rats population gets exceed by taking some preventive methods.
If you’re in need of house rats control services, here is a way, our team will prevent this by taking some effective treatments with least impact on the environment.
Why Control Rats ?
If left unchecked, the resident rat population can quickly get out of hand with a number of consequences :
- Damage to the fabric of buildings, chewed wires, cables etc
- Contamination of foodstuffs
- The spread of disease through direct and indirect contact including : Salmonella; Weils Disease; Lyme Disease.
Method of Control
Our usual method for the successful control and eradication of rats is through a combination of rodenticidal baits and proofing.
- Identify the ‘hotspots’ or areas where the rats are most active
- Lay tamper-resistant rodenticidal baits in secure locations. We always use tamper-resistant bait stations where there is a risk of access to bait by children or animals.
- The bait preparations include a toxic ingredient which kills the rats efficiently and humanely.
- We carry out follow-up visits and will continue baiting until the signs of rat activity disappear
- We will then make recommendations, including proofing, to prevent any further infestation in the future.