How to get rid of this?.To get rid of pest problem under control, inspection is the first and foremost step.
The house mouse is a small mammal of the order Rodentia, characteristically having a pointed snout, small rounded ears, and a long naked or almost hairless tail. It is one of the most numerous species of the genus Mus. Wikipedia
Mice are nocturnal and can live for around 12 months. A sexually mature female can produce around 80 offspring per year.
The house mouse is a very common pest of buildings. Field mice and other less common rodents are not usually found in houses, but may occasionally cause infestations. The confirmation of droppings usually confirms mice are present. They can also cause damage to foodstuffs, chew wrappers and cause holes in a variety of materials.
Why Control Mice ?
If left unchecked, the resident mouse population can quickly get out of hand with a number of consequences :
- Damage to the fabric of buildings, chewed wires, cables etc
- Contamination of foodstuffs
- The spread of disease, including salmonella, through direct and indirect contact
Method of Control
- Identify the ‘hotspots’ or areas where the mice are most active
- Lay baits in tamper-resistant bait stations, particularly where there is a risk of access to bait by children or animals
- The bait preparations include a toxic ingredient which kills the mice efficiently and humanely.
- Follow-up visits and continue baiting until the signs of mice activity disappear
- Make recommendations, including proofing, to prevent any further infestation in the future